Network Transformation Award New Category for 2019
This award recognizes the communications or digital infrastructure service provider which has made the greatest strides in transforming their legacy network from being primarily static, closed, and hardware based infrastructure to a flexible, highly virtualised, cloud ready, software driven and open network, which is dynamic, using latest innovative and disruptive technologies and can respond quickly to the demands of a data-intensive digital business.
Eligibility Check List
In order to be eligible for this award, the nominated company must:
- A current TM Forum member in good standing.
- Deliver communications or digital services (i.e. an infrastructure, communications, cloud or digital service provider)
- Utilize TM Forum’s Frameworx suite of best practices and standards to deliver quantifiable Network Transformation such as reduction (OpEx and/or CapEx), ability to deliver new services, efficiency improvement, reduction in risk and time-to-market, etc.
- Be able to quantify the business value delivered by the transformation
- Describe the network changes which have happened within the technology organization in terms of technologies implemented and utilized.
- Explain how you overcame the challenges of network transformation including cultural and organizational as well as the technological challenges
The judges will look at the following criteria when evaluating the entries:
- How your company has transformed your legacy network and utilized new technologies such as NFV/SDN, Cloud and AI
- How your company has reshaped its architectural or application mix, including decentralization, de-coupling of capabilities and use of APIs.
- What quantifiable business value (such as R&D acceleration, reduction in time-to-market, OpEx/CapEx reduction, risk reduction, etc.) has been achieved through use of TM Forum best practices, standards and Open APIs to deliver this transformation?
- Were the products or services used in this transformation certified for conformance to TM Forum Frameworx and or/Open APIs?
- How has the company shared its experiences, extensions and improvements to best practices and standards with the TM Forum member community in order to improve TM Forum best practices and standards, and benefit their industry in general?