Why the move to Copenhagen?
Destination & perception
- Easier access for attendees from outside of Europe.
- Good public transport for getting around the city.
- Perceived as a business-like destination vs. a vacation destination – and more acceptable in times of austerity.
- Less risk of disruption – France is perceived to have more security risks, suffers from frequent industrial action and has many public holidays.
- Expanded expo floor with additional space to accommodate an increase in booths, meeting rooms, startups, campfire conversations and other new features for 2020 and beyond.
- Single floor expo creates a better flow and enables a more modern ‘festival’ event formats.
Venue & management
- Modern venue with infrastructure to support a conference focusing on digital transformation.
- Logical event flow.
- Professional venue management team with a good track record.
- Stable 21st century internet capabilities.
A business destination
- Easy global access. 190 flights daily with more direct flights from US (8), APAC (6) and the Middle East (4).
- The airport is 13 minutes from the city center with a direct metro line and connections to convention center.
- Over 23,000 hotel rooms and 31,000 by 2021 and more venue options for sponsor social activities.
- Denmark is ranked 2nd on the European Innovation Scoreboard (European Commission 2018) / Copenhagen is ranked 6th for digital scale-ups and 7th for startups (European Digital City Index).
- High quality meeting rooms with AV equipment, coffee machine (in some cases) and high-end furniture.
- Hall E - Glass atrium with lots of natural light to create an opportunity for prime banners, and networking zones.
Venue & management
- Bella Center has a history of successful tech events (Money 2020, Linux Foundation, Google).
- Bella Center is a clean, modern venue. A stable and reliable WiFi network built to accommodate attendees with multiple devices.
- Sufficient venue space to grow, without feeling drowned in the space or needing to share the venue with other events.